Bringing a Caring Economy to the 4 Nations
May 19, 2021, 12.45 – May 20, 2021, 17.00
The Women’s Budget Group partners invite you to join us for a conference exploring gender budgeting across the four nations…
Taking place over two afternoons in May, this online conference will hear from partners on the lessons learned from gender budgeting in Scotland, England, Northern Ireland and Wales. It will explore what has worked well in four nations collaboration and ways to work together in bringing a caring, green economy to the UK. It will also give attendees the opportunity to participate in an open space session exploring how activism and research can create change at policy level.
We will be joined by fantastic speakers from across the four nations including Dr Angela O’Hagan (Reader, Wise Centre for Economic Justice, Glasgow Caledonian University), Professor Ann-Marie Gray (Professor of Social Policy, Ulster University), Cerys Furlong (Chief Executive, Chwarae Teg), Professor Diane Elson (Emeritus Professor, Department of Sociology, University of Essex), Sarah Veale (former Head of Equality and Employment Rights, TUC)…with more speakers still to be announced!
• Panel on gender budgeting across the four nations
• Panel looking towards a green, care economy
• Open Space (along principles of self-organisation) to address bringing a four nations approach to tackling the prevailing issues of today
• Keynote on best practice in four nations collaboration (from the Commission on a Gender Equal Economy)
We aim to make this online conference as accessible as possible for all to attend. Please do get in contact with us if you have particular access needs: email@example.com
The UK, Scottish, Northern Ireland and Wales Women’s Budget Groups look forward to meeting you at the conference for what promises to be a great couple of days.
To join our email list, simply enter your email address below.
- Come to the #4NationsConference with @WomensBudgetGrp @NI_WBG @chwaraeteg ‘Bringing a Caring Economy to the 4 Nations: Making gender budgeting work in practice’. Hear about #genderbudgeting in the UK, bring research & activism together towards a #CaringEconomyNow 2 days ago
- Join us & get involved in discussions about what we value in the economy, how public spending can invest in these values & how we can work to build a gender equal economy! We'll share opportunities for training, monthly mem updates & events Join us ⬇️ swbg.org.uk/content/memb… 2 days ago
- Open letter warns of deep concern at prospect of National Care Service being 'watered down' @InclusionScot @scottishcare healthandcare.scot/defau… 2 days ago by hacscot
- We set out our Challenges for 2021 & Beyond - crucial to delivering these and building gender equality is ensuring gender mainstreaming in policy is delivered. Find out more about all our challenges: swbg.org.uk/content/publ… 3 days ago