What we do
Our mission is to promote equality through gender budgeting to build a fairer and more equal Scotland. We are a campaigning, research and training group that believes in greater equality for women and men in Scotland.
Women and men use public services differently, and there is a great variety of experiences between women – we have different life experiences and face different economic realities and challenges. Women are often disadvantaged by policies that do not recognise these different experiences.
The change we want to see
- An economy that works for women
- Public spending decisions that recognise the different challenges faced by women and men
- Investment in social infrastructure, like care services
- A caring social security system
We hope that by working with women, communities, statutory and voluntary agencies, trades unions and other partners – including government – we can make public spending more effective and responsive to the lives of women in Scotland.
How we do this
- Robust policy analysis to influence the people making policy
- Comprehensive training to show how public spending can be made more effective and responsive to the lives of women in Scotland
- Supporting women’s groups with local campaign efforts on public spending issues
- Conduct, support and share research to help build a gender equal economy
To join our email list, simply enter your email address below.
- Come to the #4NationsConference with @WomensBudgetGrp @NI_WBG @chwaraeteg ‘Bringing a Caring Economy to the 4 Nations: Making gender budgeting work in practice’. Hear about #genderbudgeting in the UK, bring research & activism together towards a #CaringEconomyNow 2 days ago
- Join us & get involved in discussions about what we value in the economy, how public spending can invest in these values & how we can work to build a gender equal economy! We'll share opportunities for training, monthly mem updates & events Join us ⬇️ swbg.org.uk/content/memb… 2 days ago
- Open letter warns of deep concern at prospect of National Care Service being 'watered down' @InclusionScot @scottishcare healthandcare.scot/defau… 2 days ago by hacscot
- We set out our Challenges for 2021 & Beyond - crucial to delivering these and building gender equality is ensuring gender mainstreaming in policy is delivered. Find out more about all our challenges: swbg.org.uk/content/publ… 3 days ago