What we do
Our mission is to promote equality through gender budgeting to build a fairer and more equal Scotland. We are a campaigning, research and training group that believes in greater equality for women and men in Scotland.
Women and men use public services differently, and there is a great variety of experiences between women – we have different life experiences and face different economic realities and challenges. Women are often disadvantaged by policies that do not recognise these different experiences.
The change we want to see
- An economy that works for women
- Public spending decisions that recognise the different challenges faced by women and men
- Investment in social infrastructure, like care services
- A caring social security system
We hope that by working with women, communities, statutory and voluntary agencies, trades unions and other partners – including government – we can make public spending more effective and responsive to the lives of women in Scotland.
How we do this
- Robust policy analysis to influence the people making policy
- Comprehensive training to show how public spending can be made more effective and responsive to the lives of women in Scotland
- Supporting women’s groups with local campaign efforts on public spending issues
- Conduct, support and share research to help build a gender equal economy
To join our email list, simply enter your email address below.
- The Scottish Government is currently consulting on plans for a National Care Service and one of the key proposals within their plans is to have a 𝙍𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙍𝙚𝙨𝙥𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙐𝙣𝙥𝙖𝙞𝙙 𝘾𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙧𝙨 - But what should that Right to Respite look like in practice..? 👇🏿 15 hours ago by CarersCoalition
- You have until Friday to respond to @SP_EHRCJ pre-budget consultation. Budget decisions affect women and men differently, hearing the different experiences & priorities of women is an important part of the discussion The Committee wants to hear from you on the Scottish Government's 2022/23 budget and how it will affect the human rights of different groups and individuals across Scotland. You have until 24th September 2021 to share your views. Find out more here 👉🏽 ow.ly/ioVI50G28RP 2 weeks ago15 hours ago
- Want to learn about using local data to advocate for women's economic equality? Join us for more of our beginner-level data training this week. We'll be delving into childcare data. Sign up here eventbrite.co.uk/e/local… 18 hours ago by WomensBudgetGrp
- 📚Sunday reading recommendation: UK failing on childcare, survey found that 1/3 parents spending more on childcare than rent or mortgage theguardian.com/money/20… 1 day ago