What we do
Our mission is to promote equality through gender budgeting to build a fairer and more equal Scotland. We are a campaigning, research and training group that believes in greater equality for women and men in Scotland.
Women and men use public services differently, and there is a great variety of experiences between women – we have different life experiences and face different economic realities and challenges. Women are often disadvantaged by policies that do not recognise these different experiences.
The change we want to see
- An economy that works for women
- Public spending decisions that recognise the different challenges faced by women and men
- Investment in social infrastructure, like care services
- A caring social security system
We hope that by working with women, communities, statutory and voluntary agencies, trades unions and other partners – including government – we can make public spending more effective and responsive to the lives of women in Scotland.
How we do this
- Robust policy analysis to influence the people making policy
- Comprehensive training to show how public spending can be made more effective and responsive to the lives of women in Scotland
- Supporting women’s groups with local campaign efforts on public spending issues
- Conduct, support and share research to help build a gender equal economy
To join our email list, simply enter your email address below.
- In the lead up to #COP26, it is important to insert our voices and ensure gender equality is at the core of the climate change agenda! Join us on 28 OCT for our 2021 ECN conference, Feminist Futures: Reimagining Global Climate Justice REGISTER FOR FREE⬇️ bit.ly/3ltnJse 1 hour ago by WBG_ECN
- This looks like a great event, looking forward to it! You can join in person or online!
- 📢 Booking is now open for Engender’s Annual General Meeting 2021, which will take place online, on Saturday 13th November at 10.30am. You can find out more and book your place here ⬇️ engender.org.uk/content/… 1 day ago by EngenderScot
- If you haven't been able to join us live at our recent events watch on catch-up! We've just posed the recording from the Feminist Green New Deal for Scotland event. Check it out: swbg.org.uk/event-record… 2 days ago