What we do
Our mission is to promote equality through gender budgeting to build a fairer and more equal Scotland. We are a campaigning, research and training group that believes in greater equality for women and men in Scotland.
Women and men use public services differently, and there is a great variety of experiences between women – we have different life experiences and face different economic realities and challenges. Women are often disadvantaged by policies that do not recognise these different experiences.
The change we want to see
- An economy that works for women
- Public spending decisions that recognise the different challenges faced by women and men
- Investment in social infrastructure, like care services
- A caring social security system
We hope that by working with women, communities, statutory and voluntary agencies, trades unions and other partners – including government – we can make public spending more effective and responsive to the lives of women in Scotland.
How we do this
- Robust policy analysis to influence the people making policy
- Comprehensive training to show how public spending can be made more effective and responsive to the lives of women in Scotland
- Supporting women’s groups with local campaign efforts on public spending issues
- Conduct, support and share research to help build a gender equal economy