Catch-up on some of our past events
A Feminist Green New Deal for Scotland - 8 October 2021
This online panel discussion was held in the lead up to COP 26, this event introduced feminist perspectives on just transitions. With presentations and discussion including:
- What a feminist Green New Deal in Scotland needs to include;
- What Scotland's global role in a just transition can be; and
- What gender equality activists should be demanding from Government
Gender Budgeting for Recovery - 1 September 2021
At this Scottish Women's Budget Group webinar we heard experiences from Finland and Canada and reflected on what we can learn for implementation of gender budgeting in Scotland.
Anna Elomäki, shared experience from Finland where gender budgeting has been implemented for the last 10years, and Katherine Scott, Senior Economist and Director of Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives Making Women Count initiative, shared experience of the evolution and impact of gender budgeting in Canada.
To join our email list, simply enter your email address below.
- You can read out response to the Draft Scottish Budget here: swbg.org.uk/content/publ… 22 hours ago in reply to SWBG
- On Thursday the Scottish Parliament will hold the Stage 1 debate for the Budget (Scotland) Bill. Check out this guide to the Scottish Budget process to see how this fits in and what happens next in the process: digitalpublications.parl… 22 hours ago
- Want to find out more about our work? Interested in adding your views to what matters for women in the economy? Check out our forthcoming events for more ways to get involved: swbg.org.uk/content/even… 2 days ago
- Ahead of the Local Government elections we're hosting a series of events to consider women's public spending priorities. First up: what does just transition mean for you locally? How can we ensure it works for women? With @GalloglySwan & @ZarinaAhmad13 eventbrite.co.uk/e/local… 3 days ago